Thursday, April 9, 2009

Fourth

gambit
Source sentence: Hollywood's next digital media gambit

Context:I would guess a company that is widely popular.

Definition: a calculated move

Original Sentence: The diner made the gambit of headlining hamburgers instead of hot dogs.

internecine
Source sentence: But it required a disastrous, internecine war to bring this question of human freedom to a crisis, and the process of striking the shackles from the slave was accomplished in a single hour. -Wendell Willkie

Context: The word I would use in it's stead would be bloody and would still seem fine.

Definition: marked by slaughter

Original Sentence: Some internecine scenes seems senselessly cynical.

raconteur
Source sentence: He's the graceful dispenser of anecdotes, the charming raconteur and the clever story teller.

Context: Anecdote teller, says it right there

Definition: a person who excels in telling anecdotes

Original Sentence: The reconteur had no trouble writing columns for the local newspaper.




1 Re-read TTTC for clues as to how to go about doing the project
2 Star your job
3 Buy shoes for job

I am:
  • slightly expressed extravert
  • moderately expressed intuitive personality
  • slightly expressed thinking personality
  • moderately expressed judging personality
At first glance it seems like a horoscope that I should not take to heart easilt. But then I click ENTJ type description by D.Keirsey and see the word Fieldmarshals and suddenly become enthralled in what ENTJ is. I think it is only a general still being skeptical about it, but I see the other choices and find that I best fit with the ENTJ group. But what got me hooked really was the fact that I consider myself a great general in video games or projects that I am doing with other people. I am still skeptical about the test. For all the questions being yes and no, they were not so black and white. But for the most part I agree with the results, but nothing new like a realization or anything of the sort.
What's good about these results is that when working with people I am fantastic at completing the task at hand in a given situation. But when I am not in a group I probably will not do so well on my own. I know this, but it lets me be more creative than compromising a solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment